Table of Contents
The integration with Papershift allows the orders from bookingkit to be pushed to Papershift enabling the suggestion of suitable employees for the booked experiences based on qualifications, the number of participants and who is available for the experience.
New to Papershift? Learn more and sign up.
Costs of Integration
By bookingkit: Free
bookingkit will not charge any extra fee for activating and running the Papershift app. This only refers to the fees charged by bookingkit to use this app.
By Papershift: Charged (consult Papershift team)
Papershift charges a fee for the activation of the API connection. Please note that there is a special discounted fee for bookingkit clients. You should contact your Papershift account manager for more details.
Data Synced After App Activation
From bookingkit to Papershift
When a new order is created
When an existing order is cancelled
When an order is converted from reservation to accepted order
When a new participant is added/removed from an existing order
When the order details are updated
From Papershift to bookingkit
Important Notes Before Activation
1. You'll need your Papershift API key to activate the integration with bookingkit. You can retrieve it from your Papershift account from the menu Settings > API.
2. You must create a list of working areas in your Papershift account. We recommend you create one working area per experience and label them with the name of the experience as set in bookingkit. For more details, check how to create working areas in Papershift.
3. The Papershift app currently does not work if you have custom participant ticket codes activated in your account.
To be able to activate the integration between Papershift and bookingkit you must meet the following criteria:
1. Be signed up to the Businesskit or Prokit in bookingkit. Check you current plan and/or upgrade it here.
2. Have an active account with Papershift.
3. Be subscribed for the use of the Papershift API add-on. This can be done on your Papershift account from the menu Subscriptions > Add-ons. Please note that there is a special discounted fee for bookingkit clients. You should contact your Papershift account manager for more details.
1. In the left-hand navigation menu click on the App Marketplace icon to view the list of Apps available.
2. Look for the Papershift App and click on the "Learn More" button.
3. Read the details on the Papershift page and click on the "Activate" button. You must also click on the "Activate" button in the popup that appears to confirm the activation.
4. As soon as the Papershift App is activated, a new item called Papershift opens in the left-hand navigation menu. Click on it to continue to the next step.
5. On this page, enter your Papershift API Key into the field.
6. Select a date to sync orders up to a certain date in the past (based on service date), ensuring that all appointments with at least 1 booking in bookingkit are synced to Papershift. For example, if you select today all shifts with the service date starting today will be synced.
7. After entering your details click on the "Authorize" button to continue.
8. The page will refresh and show status "Connected" with details about the sync date.
9. Under the "Mapping List" section, click on "New Mapping Form".
10. In the "Experience" field, select the your bookingkit experience you wish to connect.
11. In the "Per Each" field, select the logic how the shifts are created in Papershift: if per appointment, per booking or per participant. In the "Employees" field you will be asked to input the number of employees required.
12. In the "Working Area" field, select one of the existing options from your Papershift account. If you have multiple Locations in your Papershift account all of the Working Areas within each Location will appear in the dropdown.
13. In the "Sync order information to Note field in Papershift" section, select what order data from bookingkit you want to make visible from the Note field in Papershift. This is an optional setting.
14. By default, notes are created in English in Papershift. To change the language of the content in the Note field, select your preferred language under the "Papershift note field language".
15. By default, bookingkit creates a single shift in Papershift for each corresponding appointment available in bookingkit. In case you need a shift to be created in Papershift for each participant booked, click on "Show advanced settings" and activate the "Create one shift per participant". This is an optional setting.
16. Once you are done click on the "Save" button.
17. Repeat the process to keep adding new connections for additional experiences.
18. The activation is completed!
1. In case you want to stop using the extension, you can easily deactivate it. That will delete all the mappings but shifts will remain intact.
2. If you want to delete the shifts as well, you might want to manually delete the mappings one by one. You must click on the "Delete" link and select the checkbox for "Delete Shifts Created by This Mapping". After re-activation orders are synced according to the newly set start syncing date. Shift duplicates are possible if previously created shifts are not removed.
3. bookingkit is always the source of truth for the shifts. But in case a shift is deleted from Papershift manually, if a new order is created in bookingkit for the same shift it won't be created in Papershift. A proper way to delete shifts is to delete the corresponding mapping.
4. It is not possible to edit mappings. In case you need to make changes to an existing mapping, you must delete the mapping and create a new one.
5. In case you manually change the date and/or time of an existing appointment in your bookingkit calendar, these changes are not synced to Papershift. Therefore, you must manually update the shifts in Papershift as well.
For support and more information about this activation process please contact our team using the chat icon below or contact the Papershift support team at help.papershift.com.