Table of Contents
The integration with Mailchimp allows the push of contact details of each order created from bookingkit to Mailchimp.
New to Mailchimp? Learn more and sign up.
Costs of Integration
By bookingkit: Free
bookingkit will not charge any extra fee for activating and running the Mailchimp app. This only refers to the fees charged by bookingkit to use this app.
By Mailchimp: Free
Mailchimp will not charge any extra fee for activating the connection, but you must be subscribed to any of their plans, including the free plan. This information is subject to change without notice so please refer to the details published on the Mailchimp website or contact the Mailchimp team for more details.
Data Synced After App Activation
From bookingkit to Mailchimp
When a new order is created
When a new reservation is created
When an existing order is updated
From Mailchimp to bookingkit
To be able to activate the integration between Mailchimp and bookingkit you must meet the following criteria:
1. Be signed up to the Businesskit or Prokit in Bookingkit. Check your current plan and/or upgrade it here.
2. Have an active account with Mailchimp. Not using Mailchimp yet? Learn more and sign up.
1. On the sidebar menu click on the App Marketplace icon to view the list of Apps available.
2. Look for the Mailchimp App and click on the "Learn More" button.
3. Read the details on the Mailchimp page and click on the "Activate" button. You must also click on the "Activate" button in the popup that appears to confirm the activation.
4. As soon as the Mailchimp App is activated, a new item called Mailchimp opens in the left-hand navigation menu. Click on it to continue to the next step.
5. On the page that opens, select a start date to be covered by the first sync and click on the "Authorize" button.
6. You'll be redirected to Mailchimp. If you are not logged in yet you'll be asked to enter your login details to access your account.
7. Authorize the connection between your Mailchimp and bookingkit accounts by clicking on the "Allow" button.
8. The request will be processed and you'll be redirected to bookingkit. The page will show that the app is successfully connected.
9. To complete the first sync, select one of your lists in Mailchimp to synchronise. All your bookingkit contacts will be pushed to this list.
10. In case you want the name of the Experience booked by the customer to appear as a Tag inside Mailchimp, tick the checkbox for "Pass Experiences as Tags".
11. Click on the "Save" button.
12. The activation is completed!
Syncing Past Orders Manually
To manually sync past orders from bookingkit to Mailchimp please follow the instructions below.
1. Click on the Mailchimp app in the left-hand navigation menu.
2. Under the Manual Synchronisation section, enter the date range that you want to include in the manual sync.
3. While the sync is being processed you'll see the note "In progress" under the Your Sync History section.
4. In case the sync is successful you'll see the message "Success" under the Your Sync History section. You must refresh the page manually to see the status change.
5. Go to your Mailchimp account and under the Audience page you will see all of the new contacts imported from your bookingkit account.
1. Once activated bookingkit pushes the email, full name, phone number, address and experience name (if enabled) of new orders to Mailchimp automatically.
2. Updates to orders in bookingkit, such as inclusion of new experiences, are synced to Mailchimp. This will cause the list of tags to be updated.
3. Updates to contact details in existing orders in bookingkit are also synced to Mailchimp. In case the email changes, a new entry with the new email is added to Mailchimp. In case the name of the customer or other details change, the existing entry in Mailchimp is updated.
For support and more information about this activation process please contact our team using the chat icon below or check the Mailchimp support options at mailchimp.com/help/mailchimp-support-options.